Friday, October 19, 2007

drought rain

Bad news: North Carolina and the South are in a major drought right now. You can read a NY Times article about it here.

Good news: It's been raining off and on for the past couple days.

Bad news: It hasn't been raining hard or steady enough to fill up those nearly empty reservoirs yet.

Good news: But at least it's raining.

Bad news: This morning as I left our apartment complex for work, one of the grounds crew guys was watering the foliage! While it was raining! During a severe drought!

[photo by leslie]

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know that! What was the watering guy doing?! Did you say anything to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say anything because i was in my car, but I'm going to find out what the mandatory water restrictions are and if he was breaking them, I will ask the office manager about it.

    ReplyDelete