Monday, March 7, 2011

update

I feel like I have lots to blog about but no time to do it. Here's some of what we've been up to...

Last Thursday I photographed my first birth! Very exciting and totally wonderful. It went perfectly. And the timing couldn't have been better. I got to the birth about 7:15 am, the baby was born at 9 and then I stuck around until 11:30 to get pics of the baby being weighed and measured. It was also perfect timing because Jared wasn't teaching that day like he normally would have because of spring break. Miriam even survived being away from mama for nearly 5 hours quite well. Hopefully I'll be able to share some pics from the birth on my photo blog after the family sees them. I'm going to be busy this week going through them all. As to be expected, I took a lot!

Friday night we went to a party at our Hypnobabies instructor Liz's house. She invited over past students for a little reunion. We ended up staying until almost 2 in the morning! We were just talking up a storm with Liz and her husband and sister. Kindred spirits for sure. Amazingly, Asher actually stayed awake that whole time too playing. He didn't want to leave. Definitely has his dad's night owl genes.

Um, I can't remember Saturday. Hmmm... I know we slept in and I took a nap too, so maybe all we did was try to catch up on sleep? I feel like there was something else.

Sunday was busy. We went to a baby blessing of one of Jared's cousin's new babies. Afterward we had lunch at Jared's uncle's house with all the family. Then we came home and Jared made dinner, I made a cake, and my brother's came over. It was Nick's 19th birthday. Can't believe my baby brother is 19!

Yesterday Asher's eyes started getting red and goopy and he ended up sleeping in our bed cuddled up to me all night. He's definitely not feeling well although his eyes seem to be better than they were this morning. We put some breastmilk in them last night but he hasn't let me put more in today. Breastmilk really helps clear up eye infections.

The big kids are also off school today. They are currently watching Justice League.

So that's the boring update for ya'll. Miriam hasn't been going to bed quite as early the past week and I've been going to bed earlier so my two hands free computer time has been sorely limited. Hopefully I'll back into the swing of things this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment