Wednesday, June 23, 2010

39 weeks...today could be the day


Here I am today at about 39 weeks. We went this morning to my midwife's office where she stripped my membranes and gave me blue and black cohosh to see if we can't get this party started. I've been having lots of short and crampy pressure waves (hypnobabies speak for contractions) since then. When she stripped my membranes I was dilated to a 4 and 50% effaced. Not a bad start. We are hoping today is the day that baby Miriam will make her appearance!

6 comments:

  1. Katinks, you look super cute! I can't believe you'll have 2 kids. Hope everything goes well :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Katrina! You do look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look really good! Good luck with the birth, can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad today was the day! I can't wait to meet baby Miriam AND hear all about labor. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so bright and summery and great for 39 weeks... jealous. Meanwhile, I sit here with a head cold in winter colors, 6 weeks behind you, ugh.

    Good Luck! Ditto on Amy's comment- hope you write a nice long post. I've started hypnobabies and I'm loving it BTW. Positive attitude here I come!

    ReplyDelete