Thursday, November 26, 2009

giving thanks: part 8

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Today I am thankful to be eating good food and spending time with my family. I am thankful for this wonderful country we live in. I am thankful for a home. I am thankful for love.

But today, I am most thankful that yesterday I saw a little heartbeat fluttering away on an ultrasound machine. And that little heart beats in the chest of the tiny little blob of a baby that will hopefully grow healthy and strong and makes its appearance in our family sometime in late June or early July. What a blessing!

14 comments:

  1. hahahaha, I knew it was only a matter of time...

    Congrats and happy turkey day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling this was coming soon ;) Congratulations, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your soon-to-be family of 7!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Katrina! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! New life is definitely something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I said this on your FB too, but ... YAY FOR BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Congrats!!! That was certainly a neat way to tell everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already told you this, but hurray again!! (I've been so worried that I would accidentally say something in a comment and spill the secret, so I'm glad it's public now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee! Congrats. I am so happy for you. Are you going to keep nursing Asher through the pregnancy? I hope you are feeling well. Good luck keeping everything in balance; sounds hard to me! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOORAY!!! On that little ultrasound, did you see if it was a boy or a girl? I'm dying to know and would like to recommend the name Molly either way. ;)

    We were thinking of you this weekend because last T-giving we spent with you and a Kabuki chef. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so crafty you make humans! You make the best livers and spleens of anyone I know. I am so happy for you and wish you the healthiest pregnancy possible. ps. I love home birth.

    ReplyDelete