Monday, April 6, 2009

house hunting depression

I'm feeling depressed and frustrated today. Two weeks ago we found what seemed like the perfect little house for us to rent in Salt Lake. Perfect location, fenced backyard, 4 bedrooms, and reasonable price. I have been imagining our family living in it every since. We spoke multiple times with the person renting it out (a friend of the owner). She seemed very optimistic. We were just working out what to do about the 2 months before we move. But now we haven't heard from her in over a week, and I fear the house has been rented to someone else. I'm really, really bummed. We were even willing to fork over 2 months of rent for April and May to get this house. But after several unanswered emails and phone calls, I'm losing hope. I just know we won't find something again as ideal as this house. I really hate house hunting.

4 comments:

  1. Amen and amen. I'm not looking forward to it myself - this month! (Hopefully ... and also not.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Katrines! I will contact my friend again to see if she knows of any sugarhouse rentals in her ward. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there girl! I bet you'll get a call from someone soon...maybe they're on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. It really is the worst--especially from afar. Good luck finding something--I'm sure you will, but I feel for you. I am excited to have you in Utah though!

    ReplyDelete