Friday, March 27, 2009

coconut cake


For the annual Relief Society birthday dinner several women in our ward baked cakes that served as the centerpieces for the tables. I, for some reason, got ambitious and baked a coconut layer cake from scratch. I had a little mishap with the whipped icing because Asher was having a breakdown, so I ended up putting a store bought icing on it. But I think it turned out pretty well. It's pretty at least! I love how the toasted coconut camouflages a mediocre frosting job.


5 comments:

  1. It tasted as good as it looks. YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ALL about camouflaging a bad icing job.

    It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you photographed the cake in the last picture! Gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics too, do they turn out like this straight from the camera or did you add effects to them or edit them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always edit the photos I put on here at least a little. I didn't do much to these though. Just brightened them up a bit.

    ReplyDelete