Tuesday, August 26, 2008

15.5!!!! (and baby carrier)

I have never been so happy about a number in my life! With all of Asher's jaundice drama, these bilirubin level numbers have had very significant meaning. We've been waiting a month for it to get down to the 15 range and it finally has! After we went off the light last week, his levels actually went up from 16 to 17, and I feel like he's even looked more yellow. So I was preparing myself for his levels to have risen again. Instead, he had the biggest drop yet! Oh and he also now weighs a whopping 10 pounds 8 ounces--that is a 10 ounce weight gain since last Thursday! His thighs are starting to get chunkier-- I love it! So no more twice weekly trips to the doctor to get poked. We don't have to go back for two whole weeks. What are we going to do with ourselves?

Here is the little chunker last night after he fell asleep in the baby carrier.

And what is this carrier you might ask? Well after much online research I decided to get the Beco Butterfly carrier. I love it! It has that great newborn insert as you can see above so even little ones like Asher can fit in it. And we'll be able to use it for a long time to come. Once he's bigger we can wear it on our backs too. It comes in lots of different fabrics too. Stylish and functional--what more can you ask for?



I got mine at The Portable Baby where they are on sale until the end of the month.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for Asher! Isn't it nuts how those doctor visits can come to consume your life? I'm so glad to hear you don't have to go back for two weeks...good job, little man!

    I love how happy and smiley you look in these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. SO happy that his levels have come down!
    2. what a nifty carrier!
    3. You really do look radiant. (and slim! way to go, girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the front packs. It was the only way I got anything done after Fiona was born.
    Congratulations on the lower levels. It's awful when they have to stick your little baby.

    ReplyDelete