Tuesday, April 15, 2008

a fine frenzy

I don't really listen to music on the radio and only very occasionally watch Vh1, and therefore have no idea what's playing these days, so forgive me if you've all heard of A Fine Frenzy. I just discovered her and she is great. Jared has been listening to her album practitcally non-stop the past few days whilst working on his thesis.

A Fine Frenzy is actually just 22-year-old Allison Sudol. She is a self-taught pianist/singer/songwriter. Her songs have catchy melodies and great lyrics. Check out her website and watch the "Almost Lover" video, and I think you might get hooked too.

5 comments:

  1. we just went to her concert in SLC a few weeks ago. she is adorable. and we love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so random! i downloaded "almost lover" about six months ago and loved it. yet another reason why we belong together as friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I love her music. Listening to it has kept me focused into the wee hours of the morning; I have toyed with the idea of mentioning her in the acknowledgments to my thesis. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found her the end of last summer i think and have loved her so much since, she is seriously so great!!! Keep enjoying, she only gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My roommate addicted me to A Fine Frenzy this semester. I had her album playing on repeat for days at a time. "Ashes and Wine" and "Liar, Liar" are probably my favorites, but I also adore "Rangers" and "You Picked Me." And, heck, the rest of the album!

    ReplyDelete