Sunday, January 27, 2008

13 weeks

How your baby's growing: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

I can't believe I only have one more week left in my first trimester! This past week I didn't feel as well as I had for the past couple weeks. Wednesday night I got terrible cramps. It was a bit scary, but I wasn't spotting or bleeding at all so I wasn't too worried. Jared gave me a blessing, and I was able to go to sleep. The next morning, the cramps returned but milder and lasted through Friday. Friday I didn't go to work because I woke up with a headache that wouldn't go away and just felt crappy all day. That night I was seriously craving a hamburger so we went out to a local restaurant, and I had a very delicious burger! Sometimes I just need meat I guess. Or maybe the baby does! Saturday the cramps were gone, and I felt quite good. I think the cramps were just my uterus growing because my tummy seriously got bigger over night! All of a sudden my pants are tight and to the observant eye I have a bit of a belly now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you look absolutely radiant with that little lima bean growing in there! We would love some new pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you nailed the problem--things growing and expanding. I had stomach pains like that most of the first semester with Juliet, but then they went away as soon as everything had sort of settled and my stomach muscles had come to terms with their new role. glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Rachael said--I remember mild cramps during the whole first tri, which were a little unnerving but not an indication of any problems!

    ReplyDelete