Monday, May 7, 2007

good reads

I have been meaning to post about Stephanie Meyer's fantastic books for some time now and am finally getting around to it. First let me thank Suzy for recommending them. Neither Jared nor I could put these books down until the last page was read. Twilight and New Moon are MUST reads!!!They are actually young adult novels as the characters are in high school. And I'll admit to being sceptical at first when Suzy told me they were about vampires and werewolves. (Of course, Jared jumped all over that!) But believe me you don't have to be into the supernatural to love these books. Meyer does an amazing job with the characterization. I love Bella and Edward--the novels star-crossed lovers--and want them to end up together, with all that means. At its heart this is a love story... with PLENTY of tension to keep you guessing. The books are pretty long, but quick and easy reads since you will not want it out of your hands until it's done. And the best part: the third book in the series, ECLIPSE, comes out August 7th! I can't wait.... and you won't be able to either!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh yes. twilight. new moon. read them both within a few days. i am such a sucker for teen fiction. gets me all giddy inside myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read them both within like 4 days- majorly addicting. Word on the street is that they're going to make it into a movie. How do you feel about that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they have been optioned to make a movie, but who knows if/when it will actually happen. I think it make a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the recommendation! i put them on hold at my library--i am ALWAYS looking for new reading material!

    ReplyDelete