I went back to the hospital this morning for another ultrasound. I'll start with the bad news. My amniotic fluid levels are still low. They were up slightly from Tuesday but not enough to make much difference. So it's definitely a no-go on trying to turn Miriam.
The good news is she looks perfectly healthy and happy. I went and saw my midwife after the ultrasound who did another non stress test and we couldn't ask for a happier baby. She's moving around and her heart rate is great. She's also still in a nice frank breech position which makes our chances of a vaginal delivery very good.
So although my fluid levels technically put me in a high risk category, all other indications show that baby is doing great and there is no cause for great concern. I will continue to drink lots and take it easy and we will monitor her every couple days. The big thing for me to be aware of is her movements. But she's always been quite active and still is.
If I don't go into labor by mid next week we may try to help things along a bit. Again, with the low fluid, it's probably best that she be born sooner rather than later. For now its just wait and keep an eye on things. I'm feeling so much more peaceful about everything. And I just have to say how much I love my midwife. She was so reassuring and really positive. We are in good hands.