Tuesday, March 30, 2010

making me happy

All winter our entry has been driving me NUTS! We don't have a coat closet in this house and so our coats were always just piled on the floor or elsewhere. I knew I wanted some kind of wall rack but all the ones I liked were more money than I was willing to spend. Finally, my mother in law came to the rescue when she gave me one for my birthday. It is perfect. (And actually very affordable from Ikea. I managed to miss it when I searched there myself.)

Now our entry looks like this:


Ah, the organizational bliss! No more coats and backpacks piled on the floor or chest. And without all that junk on the chest, we are actually putting our shoes away where they are supposed to go more easily. I'm so happy I didn't want to take my eyes off of it for days. Such simple things can make all the difference.

Another thing I love?
This print my dad bought for me back in October while I we were in Taos, NM.

I just love the fresh colors. And isn't the frame so cool? I got it on sale at Michael's.

No comments:

Post a Comment