Sunday, October 4, 2009

taos and chimayo


Greetings from New Mexico! This weekend we've had a nice time lounging around and watching conference. Friday we drove up to Taos and walked around the old town and did some shopping. I got the kids a little trinket and Asher got some cozy moccasin boots. They will keep his toes toasty all winter. And my dad bought me a print from a Santa Fe artist. I'll post about once I have it home and framed.

The only pictures I took were of Asher.
He did not want to get off this thing.



He was listening to a street musician here and very interested.



Then we drove the long way home through Chimayo and stopped at El Santuario do Chimayo. Every year people walk from hundreds of miles away to pilgrimage here.







One thing about New Mexico is that everything is very spread out, so you end up doing a lot of driving. Asher was actually quite good in the car though and took his naps in the carseat on Friday. Here he is with Grandpa.


Other things on the agenda for this week:
Taking photos of my dad at the hospital
Taking photos of the Hansen family
Going to Santa Fe
Going to lunch with my dad's office manager
Hiking
Eating yummy New Mexican food
Spending lots of time with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Nick (who Asher adores)

3 comments:

  1. I have been on the hunt for some moccasin boots for the Nub, those look perfect and now I'm jealous.

    Also, Taos has been on my list of places I'd like to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And I love the one of Asher watching the street musician. That's how I look when I watch tv.

    ReplyDelete