Wednesday, September 2, 2009

my week so far

This is basically a journal entry. Pretty boring. Read at your own risk.

My little sister Hilary is now in Jerusalem. Lucky duck. Jared and I are both very jealous. She flew into Salt Lake on Sunday night and stayed with us. Monday morning we went up to Bountiful for an hour so I could do a shoot and she could say hi to our grandparents, and then we headed down to Provo for her orientation.

Asher and I hung out with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law for a few hours. I ran some errands. Then we hung out with my brother Michael. Asher had his first jam session. He was on the piano, Michael on the guitar. I should have taken pictures. I didn't.

We figured Hilary needed an all-American meal before heading to the middle east for 4 months, so we went to Brick Oven for pizza. Asher was a bit of a terror in there and was SO happy to be back home after 12 hours away and having to take his naps in the car.

Tuesday morning, I woke up at 3:40 AM to take Hilary to the airport for her 6 am flight. Thank goodness we only live 15 minutes from the airport. I came home and promptly went back to bed. Yesterday afternoon we watched Sunshine Cleaning because we can. (It was good.) And last night, Jared and I had our first real date sans Asher, thanks to some friends in our ward for watching him. We went to Shanghai Cafe... yum! One of our favorite SLC restaurants.

Today Asher and I slept in until 10! I can't believe it myself. We didn't stay up late even. He woke up before midnight and spent the rest of the night in our bed. He nursed twice between then and 10 am. I usually just wake up when he wakes up which lately has been about 8. I don't know why both of us were so tired this morning.

Today I need to do some cleaning and some photo editing. The kids will be coming here after school. First up should probably be folding the laundry that has taken over my room for the past two weeks. Yikes.

3 comments:

  1. mmm yummy food. I'll have to check out Shanghai Cafe! :P do you find that some things affect your breast milk? something gave Mont a stomach ache last Saturday, and it could have been either of 2 different things. I just don't know how quickly it affects my milk! Then I'd know what it was. I'm glad your sister made it over their okay - she's seriously lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm jealous too, what a wonderful experience for your sis! Are you a frenchie too? Way to go on the date nite sans Asher...it's such an accomplishment...seriously! :) We need to meet up soon...any ideas? luvs, trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm jealous too, what a wonderful experience for your sis! Are you a frenchie too? Way to go on the date nite sans Asher...it's such an accomplishment...seriously! :) We need to meet up soon...any ideas? luvs, trina

    ReplyDelete