Wednesday, August 19, 2009

end of summer

I have not been in much a blogging mood lately which is a shame because I have a month's worth of things to blog about. This equals hundreds of photos to sort and edit and I just haven't been up to the task. I'll get around to it eventually. My first priority is to finish a family shoot from a couple weeks ago.

School starts in less than two weeks, so this is the last week we have the kids before they go back to school. I'm hoping we'll get a few fun things in, like swimming and hiking. Monday we all rode our bikes to the library branch in our neighborhood for family home evening. My sister Hilary is storing her cruiser here and so I rode that with Asher on my back in the Beco. Um, I don't think that bike is meant to go on any sort of hill. The ride to the library is slightly uphill the entire way and it was HARD. Granted, I am out of shape, but I was not expecting it to be that hard. Fortunately, I pretty much coasted the entire way home which was very fun. Next time I bike to the library, I'm going to ride my bike.

I got two novels at the library and proceeded to read them both in less than 24 hours. You know when you are just in the mood for some easy reading? That was me. I got two Nicholas Sparks books. Fun, romantic, cheesy goodness.

Today, I've been helping Olivia do her math homework. She has a packet of worksheets she has to do before school starts. This year she will be attending a different school and doing an accelerated learning program. Right now she's throwing a mini-tantrum because she doesn't want to write down all her work and so she keeps getting the answer wrong. (Long division)

And Grace is in timeout because she bit Isaac.

Isn't parenting, fun?

I think this afternoon we'll make cookies and take some to the neighbors.

Now, it's off to make lunch!

2 comments:

  1. nothing like baptism by fire I say as far as parenting goes...

    I'll tell you about my mom who married (at age 26) my dad (at age 36) and along with it gained some bonus teenagers aged 12, 15, and 17 (of which my dad had sole custody). Then they had 4 babies in 5 years.

    Talk about crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. My day is shot today because my oldest POINT BLANK REFUSED to ride his bike to school - he wanted me to take him - which I POINT BLANK REFUSE to do (for a million and one reasons - maybe a million and two), so he's sitting in his room in time out for a whopping FOREVER. Crying. All day. Because I insist he stay in his room for the whole time he would be in school.

    My heart breaks, but ....

    I have to win.

    Parenting. So fun.

    ReplyDelete