I've always known I had a great mom. I really have. I know I had a bit of a bratty stage in high school, but I don't think I was really that bad. I never said I hate you or anything, right? I've always felt really lucky that I have you as my mother and that we've always gotten along so well.
A few of my favorite things about you:
- Your laugh. Sometimes it's really loud but I like it.
- How casual you are. You are very laid back and go with the flow. You've taught me that there is no point getting too stressed out about things.
- Your art. I'm so glad I have an artist for a mother. I have learned so much from you about appreciating and creating beauty.
- Your willingness to serve. This is something I didn't really appreciate until I became an adult. But you are always so willing to help others. I need to be more like you in this respect.
- Your generosity. You have always been very generous with us kids and continue to be. And thank you so much for your generosity and acceptance of Olivia, Isaac, and Grace.
- That you always send packages on holidays. It's so much fun to know I'll get a little something in the mail.
- What a wonderful grandma you are. I love seeing you delight in Asher and all he does.
- Your faith in me. You have always been so supportive of everything I do. You have always believed I can do anything.
Mom, these are only a few of reasons why you are so wonderful. You have been an example to me in so many ways. I don't have the words to explain the impact you've had on me. I fear everything I say will be a cliche. I wouldn't be alive without you and I wouldn't be the woman, wife, or mother I am without you either.
Thank you. For everything.
Happy Mother's Day! I wish I could spend my first Mother's Day as a mother with you. I love you.
your first born,