Tuesday, April 7, 2009

depression confirmed

They rented the house to someone else. We finally got a hold of our contact today. I'm so sad and annoyed and depressed. I'm trying to look on the bright side that we won't be paying two months of double rent. But this also means the hunt continues and again, I highly doubt we will find something as ideal as this house was. SIGH.

The hardest part of this, besides doing it from across the country, is that we are looking for a house in a very specific area because we want to be as close to the kids as possible. Plus, we need at least 3 bedrooms. Doesn't make the search easy or what we are finding the most affordable. Double SIGH.

So that I don't end on a such a downer, I will give you the reason why I am still smiling today. This most darling of darling boys. How is it possible that he just keeps getting cuter?

6 comments:

  1. Ugh. Sooooo sorry. I truly - TRULY! - feel your pain.

    (And I have to tell you that your baby looks just like you. THAT'S why he's so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is precious. Don't lose hope about the house hunt; some times the very best thing open up right at the last minute. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooo cute! Did you take this? He does look totally like you. House hunting long distance in a very specific area is very hard--we're doing it too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afton, yes I took this while we were in DC last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering that myself. Do you wash him with some special cute-inducing soap?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that really sucks, but I'm sure this picture cheered you up, it is beautiful! I love the colors and his adorable little face. Everything about it is great.

    ReplyDelete