Monday, June 9, 2008

weekend update

We did make it out for our date on Friday night to a local restaurant. It was lovely to have some time out of the house together. I made sure we got a photo on our last night as just the two of us. I'm really grateful I'm not on strict bed rest and can get out of the house a little.

Saturday afternoon we had another date--we went to Target and to the movies to see Iron Man. It was a really fun movie! Then it was back home for me, and Jared went to the airport to get the kids.

They have been so cute talking about "Baby Asher" all the time and taking turns pretending to be a baby. They are all very excited to have a baby brother.

It's so good to have them here but it does add to the craziness of our house right now. Because I haven't been able to do much and Jared has been busy finishing thesis revisions, our house is still a mess of boxes. It's starting to get to me, especially with three more people in the apartment. I REALLY wish I could do more to get things organized. And I feel bad for Jared because he has to do so much--cooking every meal, cleaning, unpacking--all on top of his work. It will be so nice to get a couple more weeks out of the way because at that point, I will feel more comfortable doing more. Plus, my family will be here in two weeks! And we are going to the beach! I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, girl! It would be driving me crazy to be in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to go out-I say have your family unpack you! :)

    ReplyDelete